Namkha is a mind terma of the great Tibetan master Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
Namkhai Norbu’s Namkha is a Tibetan Buddhist practice based on an ancient Tibetan ritual practice and Bön heritage. Namkha means
- the precise method to calculate the pattern based on Tibetan Astrology,
- the method of construction,
- and the consecration ritual with meditation and mantras.
The master has been passing this legacy onto his world-wide sangha since the 1980s. I received the transmission from him in 2016 and have been practising and researching about Namkha ever since.
More about my practice
The function of a namkha as a protection object has been almost completely lost in the Tibetan Buddhist culture today, though it is still alive in Bön. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche has effectively revived this nearly extinct practice that, according to him, dates back thousands of years, out of his pure motivation to benefit each individual as well as the whole world. A well-constructed and consecrated namkha is a powerful healing and protection object that will serve you for the rest of your life just by having it, if kept well. Its wisdom, power, and simplicity of application makes it a unique and precious gift to humanity.
As a tool to harmonize the Five Elements, the ancient method of Namkha is especially manifesting today to bring balance into the increasingly chaotic world.
On the personal level, Namkha of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche is an astrological remedy. It harmonizes conflicts in the Sog, La, Wangthang, Lungta and the Mewa and Parkha. Your Tibetan Astrologer will tell you about your personal chart and the conflicts, which manifest as problems in life. Namkha is one of the most effective ways to harmonize the chart.
The benefits of Namkha
1) Namkha is a mind terma of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, an enlightened master. Namkha is an authentic Buddhist tradition imbued with blessings of Buddha. Your namkha is made with care in the authentic way by a genuine practitioner. The blessing stream of the lineage is intact, so you can trust you are getting a functional, sacred object.
2) Namkha is an astrological remedy. It harmonizes conflicts in the Sog, La, Wangthang, Lungta and the Mewa and Parkha. There are always imbalances in every person’s chart, and your astrologer will tell you about yours. Namkha is one of the most effective ways available to harmonize it.
3) Namkha also harmonizes unfavourable astrological influences of the current year. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche devised Namkha as one of the most powerful astrological remedies available.
4) Namkha is beneficial for you and everyone because it is a source of merit. Especially if you are a Buddhist practitioner, you understand about accumulating merit that you can dedicate.
5) Namkha is not only for Buddhists, shamans, meditators or astrologers. The great thing about Namkha is that although it is hard to come by and make, once you have it, it will work for you for the rest of your life without much engagement on your part. It only needs to be treated with respect as a sacred object. Everyone should have their namkha. The more we harmonize our own energies, the more harmonized the world will be. Feel free to gift a namkha to your loved ones.
6) Namkha can also be created for anything with a starting date. It is often advised for new ventures, relationships, weddings, business, project etc. to harmonize any obstacles that can derive from astrological conflicts.
The great master Namkhai Norbu has passed away recently. In honour and memory of the great being that graced this world with his tireless efforts to benefit everyone, the best I can do from my side as an entrusted lineage practitioner is to strive to excel in and propagate this practice for the benefit of the world, as the Master intended.
My namkhas are made precisely according to Namkhai Norbu’s teaching and intention. I put great care into honouring the vision of the Master. In an effort to support the survival of the namkha-making art of Tibet, I also research other traditions.
Learn more about my work